Epsom Salt Baths and Your Health
Turn your Epsom salt bath treatment into a relaxing period as you will need at least 40 minutes to soak in the tub. Within the first 20 minutes of soaking it pull toxins out of your body through the skin. The second 20 minutes allows for the absorption of minerals to occur.
You will need to fill up the bath. Next, add the Epsom salts to the water as suggested below for standard sized bathtubs.
Children weighing under 60 lbs:
Pour 1⁄2 cup Epsom salts into water
Individuals weighing between 60-100 lbs:
Pour 1 cup of Epsom salts into water
Individuals weighing between 100-150 lbs:
Pour 1 1⁄2 cups of Epsom salts into water
Individuals weighing between 150-200 lbs:
Pour 2 cups of Epsom salts into water
Individuals weighing over 200 lbs:
Use 1⁄2 cup of Epsom salts for every 50 lb interval range
Tips for Getting Maximum Benefit From Your Epsom Salts Bath
- Add olive oil to your bath − Try adding 1⁄2 cup of olive to your bath water. Polyphenols found in olive oil contain antioxidant benefits which are easily absorbed into the skin. (Note: if using oil in the tub, take extra precaution to avoid slips and falls.)
- Add herbs & spices − The addition of cayenne pepper or a piece of ginger into the bath water can raise your heat levels promoting your body to sweat and draw out more toxins. Adding these herbs can stimulate the detoxification pathways with as little as 1 tablespoon up to as much as 1⁄2 cup.
- Don’t use soap − Avoid using soap when taking an Epsom salt bath to ensure the ingredients of the soap do not interact with or prevent the detoxification process from occurring.
- Take it easy afterwards − Taking an Epsom salt bath at night may be most feasible to ensure that you can rest for at least one hour after afterwards. However, if you have arthritic joints, you may choose to have treatment in the morning. This will help ensure that you can stay as active as possible following the bath in order to limit fatigued and achy joints.
- Add essential oils − Turn your Epsom salts bath into a luxurious spa treatment by adding several drops of essential oils to the water. Therapeutic oils such as lavender essential oil and frankincense can promote relaxation and stimulate healing and/or just use any essential oil(s) that you enjoy.
This information was taken from “TheTruth About Cancer” website which is an amazing and wonderful source of information to anyone and I highly recommend you get acquainted with what they have to offer!