There are so many reasons you may be suffering from allergies or chronic sinus infections. Those reasons range from food sensitivities from dairy or wheat, to mold, fungus and pollens. Whatever your reason, you need to be a good self-detective to figure out the root cause before you can actually find the road to healing. Whether you try to eliminate those sensitive foods by going off them for one week, or get allergy testing from a health professional (like myself), there are some easy ways in addition to ease those nasty sinus issues.
- Use a saline nasal rinse or a neti pot daily. A small amount of natural water rinsed through the sinus cavity (into one side of the nose and drained out the other) can work to flush those irritants and make the mucosa thinner for drainage when its too thick.
- Take a good probiotic daily to keep your immune system in the gut strong, which helps a myriad of issues from stomach problems to sinus problems.
- Eating natural honey is like a mini allergy shot. It has immune support properties and help heal the fungus. Spread it over a Granny Smith Apple which will give you need quercetin which is a natural antihistimine and is also great for good heart function. Granny Smith apples are lowest on the glycemic index of all the apples so they are good for balancing blood sugar, and eating the whole apple INCLUDING THE SEEDS, will give you the quercetin boost your body can always use.
- Stinging Nettle Leaf is a natural herb and in tea form you would pour boiling water over the tea bag and cover the cup for 15 minutes to let the oils seep in before drinking to get the best effects. This herb is a natural allergy fighter and expectorant and good for asthma. Don’t use if you are pregnant or breast-feeding or if you are taking diuretics of any kind.
- Homeopathic Treatments which are herbs and flower essences are taking orally under the tongue. For allergies you can use: Euphrasia (good for burning, itchy eyes) and Allium cepa (good for a drippy nose). Try one at a time rather than together to see which one works best for you.
- If your condition is very severe, acupuncture treatments can alleviate allergy symptoms, especially if started before a peak allergy season. It helps stimulate the energy channels to temper an over-active immune system that leads to your symptoms.
I highly recommend also drinking lots of purified, filtered water: l/2 ounce of water per each pound of your body weight to determine how much to drink daily to keep your kidneys flushed and help with allover better health.